Texas International Arbitration Attorneys
Business lawyers representing corporate clients worldwide
Brewer, Pritchard & Buckley, PC is a leading and globally recognized corporate law firm that adeptly handles foreign investment arbitration and international commercial arbitration. Our firm has the experience and global resources to handle complex international disputes.
Brewer, Pritchard & Buckley, PC represents clients in international commercial arbitration proceedings involving a broad range of disputes, including but not limited to:
- Claims involving violations of bilateral investment treaties (ICSID)
- International energy and mining disputes
- International construction disputes
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA) disputes
Our law firm also handles arbitration involving intellectual property, copyright disputes and licensing rights of pharmaceutical, chemical and biotechnology companies, as well as other contentious matters related to domestic and cross-border business law. Brewer, Pritchard & Buckley, PC serves clients in a spectrum of other industries, such as oil and gas, banking and finance, technology, and transportation.
Acting as Counsel under all major international arbitration rules
Brewer, Pritchard & Buckley, PC attorneys have worked as counsel in numerous international and domestic arbitrations – experience that provides the firm with valuable insight into what is required for a successful international arbitration. Brewer, Pritchard & Buckley, PC has achieved results for a wide range of global clients confronting complicated disputes. The firm is prepared to act as counsel under a variety of arbitration rules, including the rules of the following entities:
- American Arbitration Association (AAA) and International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR)
- Beijing Arbitration Commission (BAC)
- Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR)
- China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission (CIETAC)
- Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC)
- European Development Fund
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC)
- International Centre for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID)
- International Chamber of Commerce (ICC)
- International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation (ICAC)
- International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution (CPR)
- Japan Commercial Arbitration Association (JCAA)
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Permanent Court of Arbitration in The Hague
- Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC)
- Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC)
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)
- Vienna International Arbitration Centre (VIAC)
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO)
- Zurich Chamber of Commerce (ZCC)
Why should I hire an international arbitration attorney?
Brewer, Pritchard & Buckley, PC takes an aggressive approach, while always striving to get results for clients in the most cost-effective manner. Business leaders and entrepreneurs have turned to Brewer, Pritchard & Buckley, PC in Houston, Texas, for nearly three decades to resolve complicated disputes in an efficient manner. We represent businesses, individuals, government agencies and others who need help with arbitration.
The benefits of using international arbitration to settle a dispute:
- Arbitration and international arbitration are comparatively more flexible and confidential than other forms of dispute resolution.
- Arbitration tribunals (the equivalent of the judge) often involve industry specialists.
- Clients can play an active role in selecting an arbitrator familiar with domestic and international arbitration proceedings.
- International arbitration proceedings are normally confidential, allowing parties to resolve legal disputes – sometimes even while continuing a business relationship.
- International arbitration awards are independently made and enforceable under the New York Convention, a multilateral treaty.
Brewer, Pritchard & Buckley, PC – Known internationally for getting results
Attorney J. Mark Brewer, principal and co-founder of Brewer, Pritchard & Buckley, PC, is recognized globally for his skills in litigation and arbitration. With over 33 years’ experience, he has handled highly complex business and commercial litigation and large international contract negotiations, as well as other forms of dispute resolution.
Brewer and his legal team possess a comprehensive knowledge of arbitration institutions. They are well-versed in the rules, regulations and practices involving international arbitration.
Brewer represents clients around the globe, including in the United States and Europe, and has won numerous multi-million dollar jury verdicts. He has served as Chief Military Justice & Assistant Staff Judge Advocate for the U.S. Air Force and has tried numerous arbitrations and cases in federal and state courts.
Brewer was awarded a Master of Arts in International Relations from the University of Southern California (USC) with a concentration of the International Political Economy of Oil. He is a member of the London Court of International Arbitration, a body of distinguished arbitrators, and a past member of the Royal Institute of International Affairs in London.
His case expertise includes litigation related to the following types of arbitration:
- Motions to compel arbitration
- Anti-suit injunctions
- Enforcement actions
- Multi-jurisdictional disputes
- Investment treaty arbitration
Brewer has spoken, written and been published on a range of legal topics and public policy issues. Examples include FOX Business News, C-Span and other U.S. and worldwide media, including Trinitas Radio Network in Romania.
Eminent arbitrators handling sensitive international disputes
Clients trust Brewer, Pritchard & Buckley, PC to handle all types of complex international disputes. They rely on the firm to create winning strategies for cross-border transactions that spiral into disputes and to resolve high-stake matters.
Discover what our experienced, international arbitration attorneys can do for you. Contact us. Call 713-209-2950 or fill out our online inquiry form and schedule an appointment. Our Houston-based law firm proudly represents clients worldwide.