Texas White Collar Attorney Sean Buckley
Experienced Texas white collar criminal defense lawyer focused on results
Attorney Sean Buckley is valued member of our legal team at Brewer, Pritchard & Buckley, P.C. Among our attorneys and throughout the legal profession, he’s highly respected for his in-depth knowledge and comprehensive approach to complicated legal cases involving protecting the rights of professionals. These attributes explain why attorney Buckley has a strong track record of successfully resolving complex legal cases in Texas and around the country. To learn more about how attorney Buckley can help you with your legal matter, simply contact our law firm and schedule a case evaluation with him.
Experience and Results
A modern protégé of famed trial lawyer Dick DeGuerin, attorney Sean Buckley entered the world of high-stakes litigation through the criminal law arena, where he maintains an active practice defending serious and complex criminal cases.
Over the course of his 20-year legal career, Buckley’s wide-ranging work has earned him a reputation as a tenacious, versatile, and highly effective advocate. His criminal defense clients have included Fortune 500 executives, recording artists, a former U.S. Congressman, a sitting U.S. District Judge, and numerous physicians, attorneys, and businesspeople.
Attorney Buckley’s practice has expanded into civil trial law representing plaintiffs in business, tort, and commercial litigation, qui tam whistleblower litigation, and Section 1983 civil rights litigation. Buckley also maintains a niche practice of coordinating legal and political efforts on behalf of U.S. citizens entangled in legal problems in Central America and the Caribbean. He recently spent several months in the Dominican Republic successfully defending Houston businessman Larry Davis, who was acquitted by a Dominican court of using a commercial maritime vessel to smuggle 1,000 kilograms of cocaine through the Dominican Republic.
Buckley’s success has been profiled in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The Wall Street Journal, Vogue, Slate, Houston Magazine, The Houston Chronicle, The Dallas Morning News, The Fort Worth Star-Telegram, The Austin American-Statesman, and numerous television networks including CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC, and FOX.
Buckley is a native Houstonian and maintains strong connections with the city’s international community. In 2018 he was appointed Executive Director of the Houston Intercontinental Chamber of Commerce (ICC), which facilitates business and government relationships throughout Latin America, Asia, and Africa.
Brewer, Pritchard & Buckley, P.C.
Representing clients in criminal matters in Texas and throughout the United States — with an emphasis on Federal Health Care Fraud and other white collar cases.
Representing clients in civil litigation.
O’Connor’s Federal Criminal Rules and Codes Annotated (Thompson Reuters, pub.)
(Lead Author, 2010 – present)
Authoring yearly annotations for nationally prominent legal reference on the subject of federal criminal law.
- University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama
(B.A., 1996, Magna Cum Laude, Phi Kappa Phi)
- State Bar of Texas – Licensed since May 2000
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Southern District of Texas
- United States Eastern District of Texas
- United States Northern District of Texas
- United States Southern District of Texas
- United States Southern District of California (prior admission by pro hac vice)
- United States Southern District of New York (prior admission by pro hac vice)
- United States Middle District of Florida (prior admission by pro hac vice)
Professional & Community Recognition
- Texas “Super Lawyers” (since 2010)
- Practice Area: Criminal Defense — White collar
- National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 (since 2016)
- Practice Area: Criminal Defense
- Houston “Power Players” (2019)
- Profiled in the April 2019 issue of Houston magazine
- Virtuosi of Houston Chamber Orchestra
- Director, 2019 - 2020
- Houston Intercontinental Chamber of Commerce
- Executive Director, 2018 – 2019
- Director, 2017-2018
- President’s Award, 2018
- American Mensa, Member (Gulf Coast Chapter)
- National Eagle Scout Association, Life Member
- Texas House of Representatives Distinguished Service Award, Recipient, 1992
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association, Member
Sean Buckley's Work Covered By:
- ABC News
- NBC News
- FOX News
- The Wall Street Journal
- The New York Times
- The Washington Post
- Houston Chronicle
- Dallas Morning News
- Fort Worth Star Telegram