Texas White Collar Attorney Sean Buckley
Experienced Texas white collar criminal defense lawyer focused on results
Attorney Sean Buckley is valued member of our legal team at Brewer, Pritchard & Buckley, P.C. Among our attorneys and throughout the legal profession, he’s highly respected for his in-depth knowledge and comprehensive approach to complicated legal cases involving protecting the rights of professionals. These attributes explain why attorney Buckley has a strong track record of successfully resolving complex legal cases in Texas and around the country. To learn more about how attorney Buckley can help you with your legal matter, simply contact our law firm and schedule a case evaluation with him.
Experience and Results
A modern protégé of famed trial lawyer Dick DeGuerin, Houston criminal defense attorney Sean Buckley entered the world of high-stakes litigation through the criminal law arena, where he maintains an active practice defending serious and complex criminal cases.
Over the course of his 20+ year legal career, Buckley’s wide-ranging work has earned him a reputation as a tenacious, versatile, and highly effective advocate. His criminal defense clients have included Fortune 500 executives, recording artists, a former U.S. Congressman, a sitting U.S. District Judge, and numerous physicians, attorneys, and business people.
Just last year, Buckley won national acclaim with a stunning “Not Guilty” federal jury verdict while representing a Houston health care provider accused in a $120 million health care fraud conspiracy. This has been recognized as one of the most significant criminal defense verdicts in the United States.
Sean Buckley's past work has been favorably profiled in The Washington Post, The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, and a list of local and national news outlets. Buckley maintains his principal office in Houston while representing clients throughout Texas and across the United States.
Buckley maintains his principal office in Houston while representing clients throughout Texas and across the United States.
Licensed Since: 2000
Super Lawyer: 2010-2020
Practice Areas: Criminal Defense: White Collar
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
- Brewer, Pritchard & Buckley, P.C.
Representing clients in criminal matters in Texas and throughout the United States — with an emphasis on Federal Health Care Fraud and other white collar cases.
Representing clients in civil litigation.
- O’Connor’s Federal Criminal Rules and Codes Annotated (Thompson Reuters, pub.)
(Lead Author, 2010 – present)
Authoring yearly annotations for nationally prominent legal reference on the subject of federal criminal law.
- University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- Auburn University, Auburn, Alabama
(B.A., 1996, Magna Cum Laude, Phi Kappa Phi)
- State Bar of Texas – Licensed since May 2000
- United States Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Southern District of Texas
- United States Eastern District of Texas
- United States Northern District of Texas
- United States Southern District of Texas
- United States Southern District of California (prior admission by pro hac vice)
- United States Southern District of New York (prior admission by pro hac vice)
- United States Middle District of Florida (prior admission by pro hac vice)
Professional & Community Recognition
- Texas “Super Lawyers” (since 2010)
- Practice Area: Criminal Defense — White collar
- National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 (since 2016)
- Practice Area: Criminal Defense
- Houston “Power Players” (2019)
- Profiled in the April 2019 issue of Houston magazine
- Virtuosi of Houston Chamber Orchestra
- Director, 2019 - 2020
- Houston Intercontinental Chamber of Commerce
- Executive Director, 2018 – 2019
- Director, 2017-2018
- President’s Award, 2018
- American Mensa, Member (Gulf Coast Chapter)
- National Eagle Scout Association, Life Member
- Texas House of Representatives Distinguished Service Award, Recipient, 1992
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member
- Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association, Member
Sean Buckley's Work Covered By:
- ABC News
- NBC News
- FOX News
- The Wall Street Journal
- The New York Times
- The Washington Post
- Houston Chronicle
- Dallas Morning News
- Fort Worth Star Telegram
Not certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.